Paint/Color Lab Tech
Plain & Fancy is looking for someone who is reliable, trustworthy and has a desire to be a part of our growing company. If that is you then please then click and apply.
Who We Are:
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry is a family-owned business that was founded over 50 years ago. We handcraft some of the highest quality kitchen/bath custom cabinetry in the industry. Our product is sold through a network of 250+ retail dealers located throughout America; focused primarily east of the Mississippi River.
Who We Are Looking For
Someone to join our Color Lab team. We want the best of the best when it comes to reliability; someone who shows up every day and hopes to make a career with us. People who have a passion for wood finishes, and for all of the hard work that goes into creating a beautiful finished product. Our finishing facility is a top-tier facility with the most modern equipment. This individual will be working on their own at times, but also as a part of a team that needs to function well together. We will teach this individual the "Plain & Fancy" way of doing things, but are hoping to find someone who has solid experience in this area of the industry, or a true desire to finish wood.
The Paint/Color Lab Lead is responsible for making color matches and batches of paint that are used for production. They must be able to visualize how close their "match" is to the color standard, and learn how to make minor necessary adjustments to the color to ensure that the end product will satisfy the customer. Understanding of Color Theory is a MUST. Knowledge of wood finishes and their chemical characteristics is also important - as this position is an ideal "troubleshooter" for anything problematic on the shop floor. This person is also responsible for helping to keep the lab clean and all inventory organized and current. Some other duties may include: tracking incoming materials, waste materials, operating the "still", moving pails & buckets of coatings to various places throughout the department, and troubleshooting finish issues on the production floor with leadership.
- Should be able to learn how to read & comprehend basic formulas
- Excellent "eye for color" (will be tested for color-blindness)
- Must be able to lift 40-50lbs easily
- Self-motivation is key, with the ability to prioritize work and adjust the plan of attack as needed
- Strong familiarity with wood finishes
- Ability to do basic math calculations accurately with a calculator (subtraction, addition, multiplication, division, percentages, etc)
- Relevant Finishing/Painting experience
Beneficial Skills/Background (not a requirement):
- Experience in custom cabinetry
- Professional spraying, staining, sanding, or color-matching experience
Typical Work Week:
- 4 days (Monday – Thursday from 5:00AM to 3:30PM)
- 1/2 day on Friday (as needed) from 5am-9am
- Averaging 40-42 hours per week
- Exceptional health, dental, vision coverage
- Wellness Program & 401k plan
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, & More!
*Responses without resumes will not be considered*
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants and employees equally, regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
APPLYING FOR POSITION
The quickest way to apply is to fill out the form to your right, but if you are unable to upload or complete the electronic form provided, you may also send a resume to:
Human Resources Department
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry
2550 Stiegel Pike
Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania 17088