Finish ManagerWe are looking for someone to lead our finish department. If you have those skills and abilities then please click and apply!
Who Are We Looking For?
Someone who has a vast professional knowledge of cabinetry or furniture finishing/coating. We want the best of the best. Our finishing facility is a top tier facility with the most modern equipment. This individual will be managing a team of 20-25 people, and must have proven leadership skills in their background. We will teach this individual the "Plain & Fancy" way of doing things, but want to find someone who has solid experience in the industry. The current manager will be moving in a few months, but plans to be around for a bit to help bring his replacement up to speed.
Who is Plain & Fancy?
We hand-craft some of the highest quality kitchen/bath custom cabinetry in the world. Currently, we have about 125 employees and sell our kitchens through a network of 250+ retail dealers spread across most of America. Just over 50 years in business, and we are more focused than ever before to be the best at what we do.
We are Innovative
We are Plain & Fancy
What are the Details of the Job?
- We run a 1-shift operation (day shift)
- Monday-Thursday from 5 am - 3:30 p.m. (4-10 hour days) and Friday mornings as needed
- You would be managing 20-25 people
- Flatline finishing with automated and manual lines
- Responsible for areas of: the color match lab, stain, glaze, specialty finishes (brushstroke,crackle), sprayers, primer/sealer sanding, and touch-up/finish inspection.)
Expectations of the Finishing Manager:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, positive work environment; while focusing on productivity, timeliness, and product innovation
- Expected to manage and correct any product quality or personnel issues
- Build/maintain a solid leadership team in the department based on mutual trust, respect, and encouragement
- Develop/maintain various training plans throughout the year
- Ensure compliance with federal/state agencies, keeping organized records of necessary documents
- Work alongside team members in each area of finish, constantly gaining knowledge of products and best practices.
- Conduct performance reviews for the entire team in a timely fashion
We are looking only for candidates that have a vast understanding of wood finishes that can help grow our company and product offerings. In addition, we expect this individual to have a strong leadership background in managing a team.
- Technical knowledge of the various coatings and processes in a commercial setting
- Two to Five years specialized experience in wood furniture or cabinet manufacturing, with an emphasis on wood finishing
- Proficiency with Microsoft software
- Exceptional health, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness Program and 401K plan
- Paid holidays, Paid vacation
To apply for this position or find out more about our company please visit http://www.plainfancycabinetry.com You may apply through Indeed.com or on our website. You may also drop off a resume in person at our ONLY location; Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry in Schaefferstown, PA. Responses without resumes WILL NOT be considered.
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants and employees equally, regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Applying for Position
The quickest way to apply is to fill out the form to your right, but if you are unable to upload or complete the electronic form provided, you may also send a resume to:
Human Resources Department
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry
2550 Stiegel Pike
Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania 17088