Finish ManagerWe are looking for someone to lead our finish department. If you have those skills and abilities then please click and apply!
Something that makes us different than anyone else is Health Insurance:
- We have lower deductibles than most other companies
- Plain & Fancy pays 50% of all medical bills up to the deductible
- The cost to employees is $0 per paycheck for single coverage, or $15 per paycheck for family coverage!
Who we are:
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry is a family-owned business that was founded over 50 years ago. Our company handcrafts some of the highest quality kitchen/bath custom cabinetry in the industry. Our product is sold through a network of 250+ retail dealers located throughout America.
Who we are looking for:
Someone who has a vast professional knowledge of cabinetry or furniture finishing/coating. We want the best of the best. Our finishing facility is a top tier facility with the most modern equipment. This individual will be managing a team of 20-25 people, and must have proven leadership skills in their background. We will teach this individual the "Plain & Fancy" way of doing things, but want to find someone who has solid experience in the industry to help us grow beyond where we are.
Details about the job:
- We run a 1-shift operation (day-shift)
- Monday-Thursday from 5am-3:30pm (four 10-hour days), & Friday mornings as needed.
- You would be managing 20-25 people
- Flat-line finishing with automated & manual lines.
- Responsible for areas of: the color match lab, stain, glaze, specialty finishes (brushstroke/crackle), sprayers, primer/sealer sanding, and touch-up/finish inspection.
Expectations of the Finishing Manager:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, positive work environment; while focusing on productivity, timeliness, and product innovation.
- Expected to solve daily problems that may arise regarding product issues, quality issues, and personnel.
- Build/Maintain a solid leadership team in the department based on mutual trust, respect, and encouragement.
- Develop/Maintain various training plans throughout the year
- Ensure compliance with Federal/State agencies, keeping organized records of necessary documents.
- Work alongside team members in each area of finish, constantly gaining knowledge of products & best practices.
- Conduct performance reviews for entire team in a timely fashion.
** We are looking only for candidates that have a vast understanding of wood finishes that can help grow our company and product offerings. In addition, we expect this individual to have a strong leadership background managing a team.**
- Technical knowledge of the various coatings and processes in a commercial setting.
- Two to five years specialized experience in wood furniture or cabinet manufacturing, with an emphasis on wood finishing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software
Applying for Position
The quickest way to apply is to fill out the form to your right, but if you are unable to upload or complete the electronic form provided, you may also send a resume to:
Human Resources Department
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry
2550 Stiegel Pike
Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania 17088