We are looking for only the best of the best cabinet engineers. If that's you, click and apply!
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry is a family-owned business that was founded almost 50 years ago. Our company handcrafts some of the highest quality kitchen/bath custom cabinetry in the industry. Our product is sold through a network of 250+ retail dealers located throughout America. In the past, we have focused primarily east of the Mississippi River, but in 2018 we have plans to increase our dealer base and expand our territory further west.
We are currently looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual to join our team as a Technical Design Specialist/Cabinet Engineer. This individual will use programs like AutoCAD to create technical drawings for unique pieces of cabinetry, and AdvanceWare to edit orders. Those drawings will accompany the order as it flows through production, which will provide instruction/reference to the craftsmen responsible for building the piece. This is an office position, but it will not be restricted to the office. As it is important to keep a line of communication between the engineering department and the production floor; by getting out in the shop and learning.
- Ability to gain understanding of a very complex product at an intricate level
- Adapt to a constantly changing, highly customizable product
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to provide technical support in "plain" language
- Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Think outside the box and find solutions to new problems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some technical training or education related to engineering
Beneficial Skills/Background: (not a requirement)
- Experience in custom cabinetry, construction or a related field
- Knowledge of modeling software like: CAD, 20/20, or SolidWorks
Typical Work Week:
4.5 days (7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and Friday - 8 a.m. -12 p.m.)
- Exceptional health, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness Program, & 401K plan
- Paid holidays, paid vacation, & more!
To apply for this position or find out more about our current marketing endeavors visit www.plainfancycabinetry.com. Responses without resumes will not be considered.
Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants and employees equally, regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other categories protected by applicable federal state or local laws.